Hariz sent me a message recently telling me that they are feeling lost. First question that comes to mind is "Why? Why are you feeling lost?" The second question woul
d be "What made you feel that way?"
Is that not the natural way of thinking in which we humans comprehend emotions? As time goes by, I could not help but wonder how emotions are affected by our surroundings and how we are feeling affects the surroundings.
Actions and reactions by people around us, whether intentional or not, has a major effect on how we feel. Regardless whether those actions were directed to us or not. Could you put yourself in a situation where someone was getting verbally abused? We do not know those people, but we definitely feel bad inside. Or the time when someone was given an award, how happy we are when they are the people that we look up to receive it.
Now, I believe that human beings are social creatures and in a post-modernist point of view, we are greatly affected by our surroundings. So when we want to change our moods and emotions, we try to change the environment. When you are angry, you do not want to be in an "angry" environment. Closed areas, hard music and striking colored walls. What we want to do is to alleviate the painful expression, and move into either a calm, or joyful environment.
Onto how our emotions affect our surroundings. If you think this does not happen, guess again. It does happen, so you should read on so that you are aware.
We tend to think people make us feel bad, but we do not realize that we make other people feel bad too, especially when we are feeling not so well. Our body language, the choices of words, facial expression... these things will affect our surroundings. I do not want to go too deeply into this, but try to reflect and think about it. Is it true that there are times when we are angry we tend to pick fights with people, only to say "I'm sorry, i was not in a good mood just now," later? How people can be depressed when we are depressed? It all goes in full circle.
This rambling has gone too long, I could make a case-study out of this, but I will not. So to end the post, try to ask yourself this question whenever you feel lost, "Why am I feeling this way?" and "Should I think too much of this, or will I go forward?" Until another question poses in front of you, I bid my farewell...
p/s:zai..hope ur reading it..
d be "What made you feel that way?"Is that not the natural way of thinking in which we humans comprehend emotions? As time goes by, I could not help but wonder how emotions are affected by our surroundings and how we are feeling affects the surroundings.
Actions and reactions by people around us, whether intentional or not, has a major effect on how we feel. Regardless whether those actions were directed to us or not. Could you put yourself in a situation where someone was getting verbally abused? We do not know those people, but we definitely feel bad inside. Or the time when someone was given an award, how happy we are when they are the people that we look up to receive it.
Now, I believe that human beings are social creatures and in a post-modernist point of view, we are greatly affected by our surroundings. So when we want to change our moods and emotions, we try to change the environment. When you are angry, you do not want to be in an "angry" environment. Closed areas, hard music and striking colored walls. What we want to do is to alleviate the painful expression, and move into either a calm, or joyful environment.
Onto how our emotions affect our surroundings. If you think this does not happen, guess again. It does happen, so you should read on so that you are aware.
We tend to think people make us feel bad, but we do not realize that we make other people feel bad too, especially when we are feeling not so well. Our body language, the choices of words, facial expression... these things will affect our surroundings. I do not want to go too deeply into this, but try to reflect and think about it. Is it true that there are times when we are angry we tend to pick fights with people, only to say "I'm sorry, i was not in a good mood just now," later? How people can be depressed when we are depressed? It all goes in full circle.
This rambling has gone too long, I could make a case-study out of this, but I will not. So to end the post, try to ask yourself this question whenever you feel lost, "Why am I feeling this way?" and "Should I think too much of this, or will I go forward?" Until another question poses in front of you, I bid my farewell...
p/s:zai..hope ur reading it..
